ElectricLA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Creation Questions:

Go down

Character Creation Questions: Empty Character Creation Questions:

Post  Under Net Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 pm

These questions are here only as a guideline to building your character and making him a little more fleshed out as well as fleshing out little pieces of the city. There is no need to answer all of them only the ones you feel will be most relevant to your character. As questions pop into my head I will continue to add them as well as post an example answer to each question hopefully in a way that you can see a complete character developing out of the answers.

The Questions:

How old is my Character?

What was the first skill my character developed?

Who were your childhood friends?

What was Your First job?

Have you ever had an important run in with the law?

what is the most influential historical moment for your character?

Why did you become a shadowruner?

How many runs have you been on?

How do you relate to the media?

what family do I have and how do I relate to them?

How do I feel about magic?

What do I think about technomancers?

What did I do before I was a runner?

Have you ever worked for a corporation?

Are you a member of an extremist group?

What are your views on religion?

How do you feel about other races in the sixth world?

Last edited by Under Net on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Under Net
Admin

https://electricla.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Questions: Empty Example # 1

Post  Under Net Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:28 pm

1. How old is my Character?
Sebastian Haft is of an unknown age he originally believe that he was only 65 years old then he discovered that his records had been tampered with when he was younger and in fact was around 72. Unfortunately the mistake was never caught by anyone because his parents were never able to read and he himself is not capable of reading either. His buddy George noticed the error and has set about investigating the real background for Mr. Haft
2. What was the first skill my character developed?
The first skill Sebastian ever developed was an ability to play the Guitar. since he was a young boy Mr. Haft would take this instrument up and rip out some good oldies and folk songs. It made hi popular around the neighbor hood and eased the pain of his life. Now he uses his knowledge of music to train the poor children who live in his neighborhood.

3. what is the most influential historical moment for your character?
It was the death of Mr. Ramasad who had been the representative for his neighborhood for almost twenty years on the city council. when he died and the new representative stepped in the level of corruption in government began to be felt in the neighborhood. No new representative has ever cared as much as Mr. Ramasad and the effect are now being felt on the street as poverty has become even more oppressive.

4. Why did you become a shadowruner?
He became a runner for the people. He would take runs from an older woman who ran an orphanage just so that things that were vital to the operation of that place could be put through the system on time.

5. How many runs have you been on?
Over all you could say that he was really on maybe only two actual runs as the term is understood today but when he was doing it he probably went on 15. None of these would be considered high risk and most never even profited him at all. However, he does on occasion still see some of the children they benefited.

6. How do you relate to the media?
The media very rarely comes anywhere near Mr. haft so he has no direct relation to them. Now he is somewhat addicted to knowing what is going on as he finds himself more and more concerned for the world. He would actually like to become an independent media expert but lacks the physical energy such an undertaking would require.

7. what family do I have and how do I relate to them?
His family has pretty much all passed away at this point he has a rather large extended family and has even begun to think of the woman who hired him for runs as his grandmother. Though she is now deceased they had a very close relationship. He still tries to help out as many kids as possible and over the recent years has even adopted a couple.

8. How do I feel about magic?
They throw massive fireballs and kill innocent members of society as they fight for some unknown gods. These people are not to be trusted or associated with.

9. What do I think about technomancers?
What are they I have no idea?

10. What did I do before I was a runner?
He was a street urchin with the rest of his street family who lived in a hovel that they did not pay rent for.

Under Net
Admin

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Questions: Empty Example # 2

Post  Under Net Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:17 am

How old is my Character?
Fire Hose is 23 years old.

What was the first skill my character developed?
Fire Hose's first real skill was the ability to hide when he was young he would always be playing hide and seek and well he never lost.

Who were your childhood friends?
He had many friends but was only really ever close to his high school girl sweety. They would hang out and talk about one day getting married until here family moved out of the country. They kept in touch over the matrix for quite some time but kinda broke things off when she met Hanze and started a relationship with him.

What was Your First job?
He worked at a stuffer shack as a clerk for some time until a group of runners had a wild shoot out in the place and he was almost hit.

Have you ever had an important run in with the law?
Never. He was always a law abiding citizen.

what is the most influential historical moment for your character?
He has two major points in history that have really affected him. The first was the second matrix crash though it went down while he was on it. This left him as a quadriplegic. The next major event was the invention of the pod that would sustain his body while he spent all of his time on the matrix.

Why did you become a shadowruner?
Why not you have to be on the matrix all the time you may as well break a few laws.

How many runs have you been on?
Since becoming a part of the underground he has gone on two perhaps three important runs that were targeting Horizon.

How do you relate to the media?
He is an avid fanatic of the media and has a secret wish to meet the news reporter Sara Granopolus.

what family do I have and how do I relate to them?
He has a full fledged family with a mother and a father however he really only relates to them when they have the time to track him down at some of his favorite matrix hotspots.

How do I feel about magic?
Well it has been useful for the people who actually physically showed up for the runs he was on.

What do I think about technomancers?
They are ok never met one but hell they can not really be as good as him so what the hell everyone has to have a gimmick these days

What did I do before I was a runner?
He worked as a clerk a a stuffer shack

Have you ever worked for a corporation?
He is now sure he has though never knowingly.

Are you a member of an extremist group?
he does not really belong to any group he stays places for a short period of time then moves on.

What are your views on religion?
Who cares as in the matrix it really has no meaning unless you believe in some kind of electronic gods.

How do you feel about other races in the sixth world?
There is no point worrying about them in his world everyone is simply made up of electrons.

Under Net
Admin

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Questions: Empty Re: Character Creation Questions:

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down